Rules for large table play Feb 23, 2017 11:29:23 GMT -5
Post by Chris on Feb 23, 2017 11:29:23 GMT -5
This is a new experiment for the store, but not for me. Here are some ideas to help streamline play (some are going to sound harsh - they are meant for the greater good)
- If the DM is talking, please be listening. He may not repeat what was said.
- Know what you would like to do before it is your turn in the initiative order. You can always change your mind based on an altered game state, but have an idea, know how your spells work, etc.
- Real life happens, but please do not register a ticket unless you are sure you can attend. We have more players than seats. If something completely unforseen comes up, please let us know ASAP so we can offer the seat to someone else.
- Keep non-game banter down to a whispered minimum during game play. Sounds harsh but 3 different conversations going on at once will mean someone is going to miss something
- Try and focus on the game at hand. If you need to multi-task it might have been better to miss a session.
- No external devices (laptops, cell phones, etc.) They just distract from the game, unless you are using the device as a rules reference . This doesn't mean you can't have a device for emergency contact purposes.
- If you have to keep leaving the table I may ask you to give up your spot the following week. Barring emergencies of course.
- I will only call your name once for initiative. If you don't hear me or let me know what you are doing, your character will do hold for that turn.
- Tactical discussion during combat should be kept to a minimum. If you are talking to another character, and the enemy understands you, they will also be able to hear what you are saying.
- If you are unable to make a session and wish to play the following week, send me a message and you will be put on a reserve list so someone else has a chance to play. If a spot is still open come Tuesday, it will be offered to players on the reserve list in the order that they messaged me.
- We start as close to 6 as possible. If you cannot be here before 6, I will work you in as quickly as possible, but until that point your character may or may not be part of the current encounter
- No electronic dice rollers
- Stay tuned for more