The party has cleaned up Wave Echo Cave and found a map of a dwarven fortress somewhere under the Sumber Hills. As luck (or Tymora) would have it, Sister Gaerele of the Shrine of Luck in Phandalin has had a vision and decided to become intendant at the Allfaiths Shrine in Red Larch. She asks you to accompany her and make sure she reaches the shrine safely. The journey will take you on a 445 mile trek east along the Triboar trail to Triboar and the south to Red Larch.
Several of you are affiliated with the Emerald Enclave. This widespread group of wilderness survivalists preserves the natural order while rooting out unnatural threats. Many of the Enclave's members are barbarians, druids, and rangers. Some wander the untamed lands while others make their homes on the outskirts of towns and villages, where they help to protect travelers from the dangers of the wild.
The enclave's greatest stronghold in the region is the fortified farm and abbey to Chauntea called Goldenfields. Abbot Ellardin Darovik is a senior agent of the Emerald Enclave. In the High Forest to the east lies Shadowtop cathedral, another of the Enclave's meeting places.
• Red Larch
• Darathra Shendrel: Lord Protector of Triboar (female Tethyrian)
• Herevin Dardragon: inkeeper of the Harvest inn in Westbridge (male halfling)
• Sister Gaerele: newly intended at the Allfaiths Shrine
• Eldras Tantur; local blacksmith
• Endrith Vallivoe: merchant
• Haeleeya Hanadroum: owner of the bathhouse
• Helvur and Maegla Tarnlar: clothiers
• Harburk Tuthmarillar: constable of Red Larch
• Imdarr Relvaunder: priest of Tempus at the Allfaiths Shrine (male Damaran)
• Kaylessa Irkell: proprieter of the Swinging Sword Inn (female Illuskan)
• Mangobarl Lorren: town baker
• Marlandro Gaelkur: local barber and owner of a second-hand shop (male Tethyrian)
• Brother Eardon; traveling priest of Lathander
Red Larch Locations
1. Allfaiths Shrine
2. The Swinging Sword
3. The Helm at Highsun
4. Mother Yalantha's
5. Thelorn's Safe Journeys
6. Chansyrl Fine Harness
7. Helvur Tarnlar, Clothier
8. Lorren's Bakery
9. Tantur Smithy
10. Drouth Fine Poultry
11. Jalessa Ornra, Butcher
12. Dornen Finestone
13. Ironhead Arms
14. Mhandyvver's Poultry
16. Waelvur's Wagonworks
18. Mellikho Stoneworks
19. Luruth's Tannery
20. Bethunder's Storage
21. The Market
22. Vallivoe's Sundries
• A half-elf adventurer named Gervor and his companions went missing recently. They were staying in Triboar and locals expected them to return tendays ago.
• Two important merchants from Waterdeep, Karloss and Jarlee, are overdue in Triboar
• Oric and Lathna, siblings, were abducted by raiders from a homestead a short distance outside of Westbridge
• One of Herivin Dardragon's regulars, a female shield dwarf prospector named Wulgreda has not stopped by the Harvest Inn in Westbridge in a long time.
• Outlaws are lurking out on the Cairn Road, but Constable Harburk hasn't found anything
• Minthra Mhandyvver's granddaughter Pell saw a ghost by an old tomb not far from town.
• The Tarnlar children are telling wild tales about plague out by Lance Rock
• Kaylessa Irkell thinks the town's troubles might have a common source. She has heard many tales about fogs that persist in the Sumber Hills even in bright sunlight, and sudden gusts of hot wind sweeping west out of the hills where breezes have always been cold. Sudden bolts of light have also stabbed up from the hills into a clear sky. She calls it "fell magic." She has also noticed some Red Lacrhers looking both frightened and furtive, and tersely turned aside innocent queries. She has named Mellikho the stonecutter and Luruth the tanner. Her theory is that it's all related to an evil presence at Lance Rock. She says neither that constable nor the town elders have helped her so she offers 50gp to investigate Lance Rock and make sure no sinister forces are lurking there.
• Quarry works at Mellikho Stoneworks say that mysterious figures wearing stone masks watch them when they work at night. The workers now refuse to stay n the quarry after dark.
• Workers at Waelvur's Wagonworks have been talking about suspicious activity around the workshop. They can be found drinking in the Helm at Highsun most evenings.
• Larmon Greenboot, a shepherd, says he found strange new graves out in the Sumber Hills. He hangs around Gaelkur's Store
• Endrith Vallivoe recently came by a beautiful book in Dwarvish and has been showing it off. It looks old and important.
• An armed party from Mirabar has gone missing. Brother Eardon, a messenger and itinerant priest of Lathander recently came from Beliard by way of Westbridge. He confirms that the delegation from Mirabar was in Beliard two tendays ago when he left. He is surprised by the fact that he dwarves have not turned up yet, since he thought they intended to stop in Red Larch soon.
Princes of the Apocalypse The Dessarin Valley The claiming of Feathergale Spire The Death of Savra Belabranta Travel to Rivergard Keep Accosted by Fire Cultists in the Sumber Hills Avalon Bill and Damu are slain
Replacement characters should come in at level 5, 27 point buy, gear as per class and background but with an additional 650 gold pieces to spend as you want.
session ended on 7:00am Kythorn the 14th, 1491 DR, The Year of the Scarlet Witch, 6 days before the summer solstice, waning crescent moon, 2 days till the moon is new
Word of trouble at the Nettlebee Ranch Travel through Beliard and via the Stone Bridge daytime gnoll attack Netlebee ranch The Nettlebees Interviewing the Nettlebees Barrow Mound Barrow Mound Entrance Burial Chamber Chieftain's Return Uthgardt Vengeance A plot revealed
Mention of Druids of the Circle of the Scarlet Moon gathering at Scarlet Moon Hall to learn the Rite of the Wicker Giant, a ritual that can restore nature's balance in the Dessarin Valley
Druids definitely have to be dealt with, but I also worry about this mention of a "mud sorceror". Perhaps we should let our friends' contacts in the Enclave take down a copy of the correspondence we found at the farm? Also I noticed I don't have a faction... is there much of a way for a character to try and join up with one mid-campaign? I was thinking Harpers personally.